- AUSTRALIA will be without two of its key players, after the late withdrawals of MARK BOSNICH and HARRY KEWELL from the LG Socceroos Squad to take on the Czech Republic later this week.<br /><br />BOSNICH took a knock to his ankle in Manchester United’s 4-0 victory over Bradford over the weekend, with his Club reluctant to let the goalkeeper travel.<br />
- Holland is where more and more young Australian players are looking to make names for themselves.<br /><br />Zeljko Kalac is established as the #1 at Roda JC … Football 2000 Squad members Jason Culina and Joe Didulica call Ajax home, with Peter Zois a train ride away at NAC Breda … and now, the Dutch second division is home to two Victorian youngsters
- AUSTRALIA has beaten HUNGARY 3-0 in Budapest this morning, to give LG Socceroos Coach FRANK FARINA his first victory at the helm of the Senior National Team. Parramatta Power’s STEPHEN LAYBUTT put the Australians on the board in the 12th minute, volleying in the opener after the LG Socceroos had enjoyed a sustained period of pressure on the Hungari
- AUSTRALIA has drawn 1-1 with BULGARIA, in it’s final round match of the Four Nation Soccer Tournament being played in Valparaiso, Chile. The LG Socceroos took the lead within the first minute of the game, PAUL AGOSTINO latching onto a PABLO CARDOZO cross and volleying the ball into the back of the net.
- AUSTRALIA has gone down 2-1 to host nation CHILE, in the first round of matches of the Four Nation Tournament in Valparaiso, Chile. STEVE CORICA leveled the scores at 1-1 in the 15th minute of the game after Chile took the lead at the fifth minute mark, but a late penalty secured the points for the home team. The LG Socceroos also had defender JASO
- Two Australians will be missing from the English First Division over the next couple of weeks … but for all the right reasons as far as LG Socceroo Coach Frank Farina is concerned. After many years away from the representative scene, both JASON VAN BLERK (West Bromwich Albion) and SHAUN MURPHY (Sheffield United) have been called into the Australian