Westfield Matildas star Sam Kerr will join NWSL club Chicago Red Stars next season after being traded by Sky Blue FC overnight.
In a three-way swap deal, two-time FIFA Player of the Year Carli Lloyd links with Sky Blue FC from Houston, USA international Christen Press joins Houston from Chicago and Kerr moves to the Red Stars.
But who are the Chicago Red Stars? Here’s some quick facts about Kerr’s new home.
- Chicago finished 4th on the 2017 NWSL standings, six points clear of Kerr’s former club Sky Blue FC.
- The Red Stars ultimately lost in the Semi-Finals to eventual Runners-Up North Carolina Courage.
- Kerr will be joined in Chicago by Perth Glory and Sky Blue FC teammate Nikki Stanton.
- Chicago have made the Semi Finals in three consecutive seasons but have failed to progress to the Final.
- USA international Christen Press won the team’s Golden Boot over the past four seasons (6, 10, 8, 11 goals).
- Chicago are coached by Rory Dames, who has managed the club since 2011.
The Red Stars play at Toyota Park which has a capacity of just under 22,000 fans.