Key stats as Westfield Matildas share spoils with shot-shy Korea Republic
The Wesfield Matildas pushed hard for a winner before they were ultimately made to settle for a 0-0 draw against Korea Republic in Amman.
Though unsuccessful in their bid to kick-off the 2018 AFC Women's Asian Cup with three points, Australia did maintain a fine recent defensive record.
Discover that and our other key post-match facts below.
- This was the third draw between these sides, with all of those being 0-0 stalemates.
- The Wesfield Matildas kept their fourth clean sheet of 2018 (from six matches).
- Sam Kerr had a game-high four shots - managing one target - while she also created two goal-scoring chances for her team-mates.
- Korea Republic didn't muster a single shot until the 93rd minute, when Lee Young-Ju had an effort from outside the box.
- Australia had 13 attempts; seven in the first half and six in the second.
- As a team the Westfield Matildas delivered 31 crosses, 11 of which found their target.
- Korea Republic, meanwhile, attempted just five crosses, with one successful.