Logarzo rivals Kerr for Westfield Matildas' scoring mantle
Sam Kerr notched a brace in the Westfield Matildas' monster 8-0 win over Vietnam and she's finding a surprise new equal for her incredible scoring feats.
Read on below for that and the other key facts after Australia cruised to their first victory of the 2018 AFC Women's Asian Cup.
- This was Australia's biggest victory since a 9-0 win in March 2016, also against Vietnam. They scored as many goals today as they managed in their previous five internationals combined (eight).
- Australia have scored 3+ goals in eight of their last 13 games in all competitions (43 goals in total). This was the second time in their last three that they have won by a margin of 5+ goals, having beaten Thailand 5-0 in March.
- The Westfield Matildas have now kept five clean sheets in their last six games in all competitions, as many as their previous 22 combined.
- Chloe Logarzo scored her fourth goal of 2018 for Australia; no other player has more in this calendar year so far (Sam Kerr also four).
- Kerr has scored 15 goals in Australia's last 13 matches in all competitions, bagging two or more in five of those games.
- Kyah Simon, who scored for Australia for the first time since November, has scored four of her last eight international goals against Vietnam.