Westfield Matildas continue winning streak with late goal against Norway
The Westfield Matildas scored with virtually the last play of the match to earn a pulsating 4-3 win over Norway in their Algarve Cup opener on Thursday morning (AEDT).
Larissa Crummer's 95th-minute goal ensured Australia continued their impressive run of form following a sensational 2017.
Alen Stajcic's side have now won eight consecutive matches, with their last defeat coming in a penalty shootout loss to Denmark at the 2017 Algarve Cup.
Check out some of the other key stats and facts from Australia's win over Norway.
- Australia’s last seven games have produced a total of 37 goals (27 for, 10 against), an average of 5.3 per game.
- There were just 99 seconds between the first two goals of the game.
- Australia have registered just one clean sheet in their last seven games.
- However, the Matildas have found the back of the net in each of their last 11 games, since failing to score against Sweden in March 2017.
- Samantha Kerr has now netted 12 goals in Australia's last seven games.
- Norway scored their first three goals from their first three shots on target.
- Elise Thorsnes has bagged three goals in her last three games for Norway.