Westfield Matildas v China PR: key stats from record victory
The Westfield Matildas capped a landmark year with a record-breaking 5-1 win over China PR in Geelong on Sunday.
Here are the key stats and facts from Opta.
- The Matildas' current run of seven consecutive victories is the national team's longest winning streak.
- Australia's win was their biggest against Asian opposition since they defeated Vietnam 9-0 at the Olympic qualifiers in March 2016.
- Sam Kerr's brace improved her tally to 11 goals in her past six international appearances.
- The striker has also scored from eight of her last 10 shots on target.
- The last time the Matildas played a double header against China was in November 2013. Australia won the first match 2-0 in Wollongong and 2-1 at Parramatta Stadium.
- Australia scored three first half goals, which they also did against Brazil at the Tournament of Nations. They won that match 6-1.
- Since the friendlies against Brazil in September, Sam Kerr has scored 10 goals in Australia. Six for country (four games) and four for Perth Glory (three games).